Criminal Background Check (CBC)
As required by the North Carolina Dental Practice Act, applicants for dental licensure as specified below are required to undergo a fingerprint-based State Bureau of Investigation (SBI) and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) criminal history check:
- Applicants seeking licensure by examination (CITA or ADEX).
- Applicants seeking licensure by military endorsement or credentials.
- Applicants seeking reinstatement of a North Carolina license.
- Applicants seeking an intern permit or instructor's license.
North Carolina Residents Only
If you reside in another state or country, a fingerprint card and instructions may be mailed directly to you upon request. Fingerprinting must be performed by trained law enforcement personnel; contact your local sheriff or police office for assistance and additional details.
Email your mailing address to email@example.com to have fingerprint card and related documents mailed to you.
Prior Criminal Arrests and Convictions
If you have prior criminal arrests or convictions (misdemeanors and/or felonies) regardless of the age of the arrest or conviction,
you must submit the following with your application:
- Original certified court documents for all arrests and convictions (misdemeanors or felonies); and
- A detailed explanation of the events leading to the arrest and any other pertinent details.
| Click here for the form. |
Mail all CBC related documents with your application to:
North Carolina State Board of Dental Examiners
2000 Perimeter Park Dr., Suite 160
Morrisville, NC 27560